John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I am locked out, password will not work that I set up with

Customer Question

I am locked out, password ***** not work that I set up with at the store, I enter it more then 3 time and got locked out, my finger printed will not work
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I just purchase the my iphone7 on Sunday
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none other then trying to use the information I gave the sale person, there was no instruction in the box with the phone
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

If the iPhone is now disabled from entering the incorrect password ***** many times, you will need to connect it to your computer and reset the device.

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove any passcodes, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > Software Update (or “Apple Store” for OS X 10.9 users) > Check now to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

-> Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it

-> Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

-> Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the volume down button (on the left) for 10 seconds

-> Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the volume down button, until...

-> iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes *still* doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.

If you receive misc errors when attempting to install/uninstall or sync after installation, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall software you may be running.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. When we are finished, please give my answers a positive rating so I will be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,