Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I'm trying to buy an app for my IPhone and Touch ID keeps

Customer Question

I'm trying to buy an app for my IPhone and Touch ID keeps coming up. I didn't even implement touch ID to my knowledge and now I can't even buy an app from Apple because it doesn't recognize my finger print. ***** *****(###) ###-####or***@******.***
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: April of 2016
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes I guess so
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just searched settings to try to find where I could delete touch ID. I don't need it. I have a 4 digit code to unlock my phone and that's all I need.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Matt Krause replied 5 months ago.

Hi, Fred - if you don't want to use Touch ID, you should be able to disable it under Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. Your phone should prompt you for your passcode when you enter that settings menu, and then allow you to toggle off the settings for "iPhone Unlock", "Apple Pay", and "iTunes & App Store".

Alternatively, you can swipe left on each saved fingerprint (usually named Finger 1, Finger 2, etc.) and then tap the red "Delete" button when it appears on the right. Once there are no saved fingerprints, Touch ID will automatically turn off.

Let me know if that addresses your issue, or if you have any trouble completing these steps, and I'll be happy to provide further assistance!