Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My wife has used an IPad 2 for ~4 years, but has recently

Customer Question

My wife has used an IPad 2 for ~4 years, but has recently found iot impossible to read her mail messages. This device was bought fromApple on-line. Thus we went back to the on-line service for help. However, after many, many sessions with many different technicians, including the down-losding of new software, as I understand it, her device is still unusable and we think it counter productive to continue via this route. Do you service Ipads purchased on-line? How to you charge for this service? Please get back to us so that we may find some way to make my wife's Ipad usable. Lowell Swarts,***@******.***.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: I am using Microsoft 10 0n my desk top. Lowell
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not on my desk top. But during one of our on-line sessions with the on-line Apple technician, I believe that new software (update?) was successfully installed. Lowell
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None on our own, only at the direction of the on-line technicians.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that as you surmise, neither of us is very literate.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Expert:  Jay D replied 5 months ago.

Hi we don't service them, but I can talk you through doing a factory reset of the ipad which should help with your problem. Do you have access to a computer with itunes installed?