Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I followed exactly the in erasing the Mac HD etc but now

Customer Question

i followed exactly the in erasing the Mac HD etc but now only have a blank screen & a flashing question mark
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: MacBook Pro - Lion
JA: When did you purchase your MacBook? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nov 2015 I think, didnt do any trouble shooting; just did it now
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: am just passing on this MacBook Retina to my son since I got a newer version with the TouchBar -
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

After erasing, you need to reinstall the OS X. The question mark indicates that your Mac can;t find te system files to boot. So restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R for 20 seconds. This will boot into Mac OSX Utilities screen. Click Reinsall Mac OS X and follow the onscreen instructions.

If Command and R doesn't work, then restart and immediately hold down Commnad, Option and R keys for 20 seconds.This is internet recovery. Command and R is local recovery. Command and R will not work if you erase the recovery partition, so try Command, Option and R keys.

Does it allow you to reinstall ? Let me know please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok, am doing this now
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its slow - somewhere I read this takes like an hour?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Actually, it will take more than an hour. The time depends up on the speed of the internet connection. The average time is about 3-5 hours for a reinstall

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Is it reinstalling ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
yup, says 0:43 & the globe continues to spin
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK, then what happens next?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

It will bring OS X Utilities screen. Choose Reinstall OS X and/or follow onscreen instructions. No need to erase again since you already did that. Just follow onscreen instructions to reinstall.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how long does the OS X take to install?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. Average is 3-5 hours

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi,I think the process was successful thus would terminate this conversation now - I would like to rate you but the link is frozen though ...
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, I'm very glad to hear that. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, How is it going ?