Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have an iPad I bought about 5 years ago. I have forgotten

Customer Question
I have an iPad I...
I have an iPad I bought about 5 years ago. I have forgotten the password ***** my apple ID - which was set up by someone else. I am having trouble logging into myt iPad and it is telling me the appleid is *****@******.***. My name is***** - so all I can think is that is was set up as***@******.***. I now have a new icloud address
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: for this login - I don't recall ever doing it. I haven't been using the ipad - my wife has been using it for games and her hotmail
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not on this ipad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know what to do - so nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing - I think anyway
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
5/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jay D, Computer Engineer replied 6 months ago
Jay D
Jay D, Computer Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Hi to reset the password ***** the apple ID, can you please click on the following blue link and go through the reset process - https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Please note that us experts work on a system, whereby I am only credited for my time in the event I receive a 3-5 star rating. (you need to click on the stars at the top right of the page for this question on the www.justanswer.com website) I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating

Hi there, I had to go away urgently at the end of last week and my issues has not ben fixed - hence I was not able to provide feed back - can we please start again?
Mac Support Specialist: Richard Freese, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Richard Freese
Richard Freese, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. I looks like you were working with someone else. DO still want to work with Jay or would you like me to help you now? Just let me know.

i don't mind who I work with
Richard, the problem is this ... We purchased an iPad about 5 years ago - for my husband to use. He hardly every used it and I started using it about 12 months ago - mainly just to play games on, but I did take it overseas last September to check e-mail and use face-time - and it worked very well. The Apple account was set up by a fellow who was working fro us 5 years ago - who is no longer with us. About a month ago, a message came up to do with activation. the message says "this ipad is linked to an Apple ID. Enter the ID and password ***** were used to set up this ipad. (*****@******.***) I assumed that would be "russel"@icloud.com - although my husband spells his name with two "ll"s (russell). Neither of us have any idea with the password ***** There is an "activation lock help" and when I press it it says "a password ***** ***** to activate this device because its owner has used Find myiPhone to link it to their Apple ID. If this is your device, enter the Apple ID and password ***** used to set up iCloud. If you ere given this device or purchased it second-hand, you will ne3ed to contact the original owner to have them remove the device from their account. Additional information can be found at: support.apple.com/kb/TS4515." (which I have not tried to access yet) My husband has no idea how to use the "Find my iPhone" feature. And his current Apple ID is completely different to "*****@******.***" Obviously you respond to these messages in your local time - which is different to where I am in Australia. Any tips?? THANKS

Hi. Sorry. I just got your message. I was busy with a firearms instruction class. I still have an hour to go before I wrap up the class tonight.

If you have a PC or Mca, please download itunes. The link is below:

https://www.apple.com/itunes/?cid=OAS-US-DOMAINS-itunes.com

Cut and past to the address field in your browser

Please note: Installing iTunes is the only way short of going to an apple store and having them do it at a cost.

If you install iTunes on a PC or Mac, I can establish a remote session to you PS or Mac and do the rest. But it's really not that hard.

Here is another link in case you want to try.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht201252

I will be available after 3:00 PM CST in Texas. I know I can help you but it will take some effort on your part. But you can do it.

Hi Richard, No need to apologise:):) I work on a PC and I also have an iPhone and I have an Apple ID (and account) - but not sure if I have an iTunes a/c (sorry - not very good with technology!!). So can I download iTunes onto my PC? And is that what you mean? I have to go out soon and I will be out for about 3 hours - so I can try that when I get home. thanks, Donna (I live in a small town and we don't have an Apple store close by)

Yes. You have to download and install iTunes. This i how yu will need to restore the iPad. I amy be in bed. But the link will get you started. I can resume in the morning around 7:30 am CST

do I have to download and instal iTunes on the iPad? If this is the case - that is the problem - I can't get past the "Activation Lock" page on the iPad. If you just respond when you can - I will do the same - given the time difference!!
And I have heaps of work to get through before I go o/s next Monday - so cant spend too much time on this matter. THANKS

Itunes on you PC. Ths is how we will get iw rotking

Thanks Richard. I will try this tomorrow and get back to you when I have done that.

Okay. I will wait to hear from you. This should work though. Using iTunes, you can actually backup up the iPad before you restore it factory defaults. This way if there is something on it you want back, it will be there. Good luck.

Hi Richard, I my damn computer is telling me that I don't have enough space to download iTunes. I will have to get someone locally to look at it. I will come back to you if I need to again - in the next few days. I am going o/s next Monday and have way too much to get through to waste any more time on this right now. thank you for your help.
Mac Support Specialist: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 6 months ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi there I am able to assist you with this

Thanks - but I am already working with Mr Richard Freese on this matter.
 replied 6 months ago

ok no problem

JJesus Perez Gonzale
JJesus Perez Gonzale
JJesus Perez Gonzale