Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

This morning my Apple iPad wants an apple ID, very unusual,

Customer Question

Hi, This morning my Apple iPad wants an apple ID, very unusual, normally I just put my 4 digit in and away I go. My granddaughter originally set it up for me a few years ago and now not quite sure what password ***** used for the icloud address(I have tried my normal ones). I normaly use my bigpond address. Can you please help?
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: Not sure, I did use it yesterday just going in with my 4 digit entry. Other than that it was quite awhile ago. I don't normally switch it off at all. I did though this morning when I couldn't get in, didn't seem to help.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing really, only as I have described. As you can probably gather I am a little bit older than yourself(like late 60's) and not very tech savvy. What do you mean by troubleshooting what do you suggest?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I need a Mac expert when it is an Apple iPad? You can see I don't know much.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am sending this request from my Asus laptop as I cannot get into the ipad.
.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Maybe you have accidentally allowed your iPad to do the new software update, so now it is asking for your Apple ID, Please Click on the Apple website below:

https://iforgot.apple.com enter the email address associated with your iPad, and click on Continue and follow the onscreen instructions in order to reset your Apple ID account password, and check.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I don't want Secure Remote Assistance thankyou, and don't want anymore help, please cancel my membership.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Please feel free to ignore the offers for Additional Services. They are automatically sent by the website.

Please Click on the Apple website below:

Let me know the results

Thank you