John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I cannot find my I Phone!! I am not sure what you are

Customer Question

I cannot find my I Phone!!
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: I am not sure what you are asking!!
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well I cannot find my Phone. I think I lost it out back
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

Apple does have the "Find My iPhone/iPod/iPad” feature available for iCloud users BUT the key fact is that you must have registered the device for this service at some point prior to losing it.

However, if you've ever registered the device with iCloud, it's possible this was enabled for you. You can sign in to the following site to see if the device is registered.

Note: You would sign in with the Apple ID used for iCloud or to make Store purchases.

https://www.icloud.com/#find

If your device is registered there and it has not been removed from the network, you can send it messages, track it's location and remotely erase your personal data off the drive.

If you are running iOS 6 or later you will also have access to Lost mode. While in Lost mode, your device will keep track of where it’s been and report back to you any time you check in with the Find My iPhone app.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. When we are finished, please give my answers a positive rating so I will be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,