Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

The Ipad pro, ios10.3.1, all updates are current, done about

Customer Question

the Ipad pro
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: ios10.3.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: all updates are current, done about a week or more ago
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: don't know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure. just want to use the keyboard
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.

Connect your Smart Keyboard to your iPad Pro with the Smart Connector, which has three small, magnetic contacts. The Smart Connector is on the top edge of your Smart Keyboard and on the side of your iPad Pro.

Unlike Bluetooth keyboards, you don't need to pair or turn on your Smart Keyboard. Just make sure the keyboard is connected and in the Type position to use it.

Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.

See here: https://support.apple.com/library/content/dam/edam/applecare/images/en_US/ipad/ipadpro/ipad-pro-smart-keyboard-connection-callout.png

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question for no extra charge. Thanks!!

Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.

Is that what you were looking for?