Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

The keyboard on iPad will not appear, No problem before,

Customer Question

The keyboard on iPad will not appear
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?
Customer: No problem before
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: iPad Serial # DMQGMMECDFHW and I cannot type on it because I cannot get a keyboard or any icons to appear on the bar
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have turned it off. Reset it and gone to my email , texts and there are no symbols or keyboard appearing
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No...I am a senior citizen and my skills are very limited
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. If that didn't work then goto Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off.

If that didn't work then go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. Does it work now ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, How is it going?