Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a Macbook pro, mid-2009. I'm running OSX 10.11.6. It

Customer Question

I have a Macbook pro, mid-2009. I'm running OSX 10.11.6. It shows no available updates. I am trying to load Pages on this computer so I can open up some documents on it, but the App Store says that I need 10.12, which I apparently cannot get. Can I not use Pages on this computer?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Mid-2009, OSX 10.11.6
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have gone to Apple downloads and tried to download 10.12, but it won't let me on this computer. Is it too old?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just tried updating. Not working.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just want to use Pages on this computer.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Justin Johnson replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

You should still be able to download it from the App Store either way. I can help you with Remote Tech Support. Do you want me to connect and help you with this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can't now, but thanks.

When can you?

Are you there?