Jay D
Jay D, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Business Owner at LCS
46389206

My iphoto pictures are no longer showing up in my projects

Customer Question

My iphoto pictures are no longer showing up in my projects on imovie.
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?
Customer: I am using OS X El Capitan
JA: When did you purchase your iPhone? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not my iphone. My mac. I purchased it 2009. I have ensured that all of the pictures are jpg. I have deleted the pictures from the project and re added them.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

I would recommend closing all programs and then running the disk utility to see is it can find and repair any problems with the hard drive filesystems etc. Do you need instructions on how to do this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please.
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

please try this and then see if the problem is solved, let me know either way. If not I have other things for you to try to resolve this -

1. Print this help page so you can refer to it later. (You don’t have access to Disk Utility Help when you restart your computer in the next step.)

In the Disk Utility Help window, click the Share button , then choose Print.

2. Choose Apple menu > Restart. After your Mac restarts (some Mac computers play a startup sound), press and hold the Command and R keys until the Apple logo appears, then release the keys.

3. Click Disk Utility, then click Continue.

4. In the sidebar, select the disk you want to repair.

5. Click the First Aid button .

If Disk Utility tells you the disk is about to fail, back up your data and replace the disk. You can’t repair it. Otherwise, continue to step 6.

6. Click Run.

If Disk Utility reports that the disk appears to be OK or has been repaired, you’re done. You can click Show Details to see more information about the repairs. Otherwise, you may need to do one of the following.

• If Disk Utility reports “overlapped extent allocation” errors, two or more files occupy the same space on your disk, and at least one of them is likely to be corrupted. You need to check each file in the list of affected files. Most of the files in the list have aliases in a DamagedFiles folder at the top level of your disk.

• If you can replace a file or re-create it, delete it.

• If it contains information you need, open it and examine its data to make sure it hasn’t been corrupted.

• If Disk Utility can’t repair your disk or it reports “The underlying task reported failure,” try to repair the disk or partition again. If that doesn’t work, back up as much of your data as possible, reformat the disk, reinstall macOS, then restore your backed-up data.

Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

5. Click the First Aid button .

6. Click Run.

Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Please note that us experts work on a system, whereby I am only credited for my time in the event I receive a 3-5 star rating. (you need to click on the stars at the top right of the page for this question on the www.justanswer.com website) I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating