Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have Quicken Essentials 5 on my iMac, macOS Sierra and

Customer Question

I have Quicken Essentials 5 on my iMac, macOS Sierra and when I call up my Quicken program, it doesn't let me in. What to I need to do to get into my information on the 5 program?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I've had it about 3 years, but am not well versed in all it can do. I've only started using the Sierra program in the last week. My name is*****: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My computer was locked out as someone had stolen my info. So I have been walked through getting it back on line.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just want to access my accounts that are posted into QE 5.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Amanda Scovill replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. I have over 15 years of experience and will do everything I can to help resolve your issue.

I understand Quicken 5 no longer opens with the latest MacOS, Sierra. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I do not wish to pay $39. as I only have a flip phone with no texting. I'll look into some other program or buy an update to the Qucken program.

Yeah there is no need for premium service for this request :) no worries

As it turns out, Quicken5 is not compatible with MacOS Sierra. You can update to Quicken2017

or there are several less expensive options that will work with your old quicken database, like checkbook

http://www.splasm.com/checkbook/

Or you can download Quicken2017 from the App store on your computer.