Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I believe I already contacted you once for the same problem,

Customer Question

I believe I already contacted you once for the same problem, but for some reason I was not able to continue. Let me explain the problem I am having with my apple computer. Actually, is a Mac Mini computer. It may be something really simple but I just gave up. I tried so many things but I am not able to fix the problem. Ok. Here we go. As you may know, the mac mini has a program calles "messages". It is in my lower bar. In the past I used to be able to send to "anybody" messages, photos from my Iphoto album, etc. etc. etc. Now, for some reason I can not do it. For instance, I just want to send a short message to my son. Once I finish typing the message and I press enter, I got the following message: "Your Message could not be sent. Phone number xxx is not registered with Imessage. OK". Same thing happens if I want to send a photo from anywhere in my computer. This is the problem I am having. I never had this situation in the past. Please let me know what can be done to fix it. I am update with the IOS...
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Just give a second. I need to look for it.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Model No. A1347. Yes, everything is updated
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just went to Google and Y type que question and I was send to messages preferences to add my email. I rebooted the computer, but seems that nothing happens
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. If this is a charge call I would like to know how much it is going to cost me to fix the problem.....
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

so you are using mac mail with a gmail email account?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me think about it.
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Okay