Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

I have a old phone that I'm trying to give to my child but I

Customer Question

I have a old phone that I'm trying to give to my child but I remember the email or password ***** use to have on it.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: years ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no I took it to a shop and they reset it but its still asking for password ***** email
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I cant, its only asking for password ***** email
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me to briefly go over your original question so I don't miss any details.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jon replied 5 months ago.

Let me know otherwise, but I am going to assume this is an iphone. If that is true, you are correct that when an iphone is reset or "restored" the phone will still have an "activation lock" tied to it which is basically the apple id and password ***** has been associated with this phone or tied to this phone. If you are not sure on what the apple id and password ***** ***** liek you mentioned, it has been years, then you will probably need to visit https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid so you can reset/recover your apple id and password. By default this site is to first reset yoru password ***** you will need to know your apple id first.

If you do not know your apple id, then you will want to click the "forgot apple ID" from the link that I sent you above.

If this helps in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps to let others know that I am here to help. If not, please let me know how I can further assist.

Expert:  Jon replied 5 months ago.

Once you have your correct apple id and password ***** you will be able to sign into the ipad when it asks for this information.

Expert:  Jon replied 5 months ago.

Just ignore the premium pop ups as those are automatic and I have no control over them. You do not need those at this time anyways :)

Just let me know what happens or if you need help.

Expert:  Jon replied 5 months ago.

Did you still need help?

If what I posted previously helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps to let others know that I am here to help. If not,please let me know how I can further assist.

Expert:  Jon replied 5 months ago.

It has been a couple days without a response so I will go ahead and opt out of this question as other experts may be able to assist you at a different time. You can respond to this question at any time to let us know that you are ready to continue.