Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

I am unable to turn on my iPad, I do not know. My desktop

Customer Question

I am unable to turn on my iPad,
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?
Customer: I do not know. My desktop runs the latest os from apple
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am unable to turn on the iPad.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your IPad issue.

Normally, when this happens, the iPad has gone into suspend mode. You have to force restart the iPad.

To do this:

1.) Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that doesn't work, then:

2.) Plug in your device and let it charge for up to one hour. After a few minutes, you should see the charging screen. If you don't see the charging screen within an hour, or you see the connect to power screen, check the jack, USB cable, and power adapter. Make sure that everything is plugged in firmly, free of debris, and not damaged. You might want to try a different USB cable or power adapter.

If all of that doesn't work:

3.) Factory Reset the iPad!

To put your iPad into recovery mode do the following:

• Make sure the device is switched off, by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and dragging the slider to the off position.
    • Plug a USB cable into a PC or Mac running the latest version of iTunes. (Do not plug the lead into the iPad yet)
    • Hold down the Home button on the iPad while plugging in the USB cable. Keep holding down the button until the Connect to iTunes screen appears. If you don’t see this screen, repeat the previous steps.
    • When you the screen showing a Lightning cable, arrow and red iTunes icon, release the Home button.
    • iTunes will now open automatically and a pop-up will appear stating that iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode. Click OK to restore the iPad to the factory defaults – remember this will erase all the data on the device. You should be able to restore that data from an earlier backup.

If these things do not work, then it may be time to visit an Apple store or an Apple certified service place. I hope this helps!

If you don't mind rating my answer with 5-stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you, I would appreciate it very much! Thanks!

Were you able to resolve this?