Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Stuck on "Offline" outgoing mail server Apple Mail 3.6 (936)

Stuck on "Offline" outgoing...

Stuck on "Offline" outgoing mail server Apple Mail 3.6 (936) Outgoing mail server: Surgemail.servletinc.net

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your device?

Mac G5 version OS X 10.5.8

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple device? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased 2004; troubleshooting?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, maybe complete re-load Apple Mail?

4/10/2017
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

When were you last able to send an email?

Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Monday
April 10, 2017Hi there! and thank you... Are we ready?
My Apple mail accounts are stuck on "Offline"Bruce

yes Bruce, waiting on you please to do the instructions I gave you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I clicked on everything but it returned me to the credit card page again...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why don't you jump into my computer and see if you can fix it... Thank you Kind Sir!Bruce

Waiting to do so Bruce... but of course you need to do the instructions I gave you so I can....

Ill again repeat them

Click this link

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, I clicked on "Team Viewer" but got error: "Not supported by this architecture.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Richard. You are very kind.
Apple Mail seems to have failed from "old age" ?
This computer is circa 2004. A Mac G5

ah ok, your computer is way to old for any program such as this.

But can you sign into your account here?

https://your-net.servletinc.net:7443/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Richard:
Are there some simple links you can send me to offer information to fix Apple mail that is stuck "offline" ?
Send links to ***@******.***
Thank you so much! Also: "Cross Domain Logins are disabled" ; but normally I can log into https://your-net.servletinc.net:7443/

Please use my last link and tell me if you can sign in please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO:
Sorry crossdomain logins are disabled (enable with login_crossdomain in surgeweb admin interface)

ok, this is why you get the issue in apple Mail

Who is your email provider? Which company?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Siscom.net is my email provider in Dayton OhioAgain, I appreciate this service!Bruce

ok, call them and have them check your account details as it looks like the password ***** use is incorrect

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Richard:
The password ***** gave to me:
C0m1ngS00n!
Which is a difficult one; but which I am careful to enter correctly.Again, thank you for your patient help
Bruce

you called them just now to make sure there are no problems with your account?

As you could not log into it on the link I gave you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Richard:
They do not accept any calls. Email only.
The guy is Mike Harding (new owner).
His email is:***@******.***Mike is very friendly and helpful
It could be that Apple Mail quit working about the time he took over the company, Siscom.net.Bruce

No, Apple Mail is only a program, it is still working fine.

But you see you cannot sign into your account via the link I gave, which shows an issue with their email service.

So please check with them the issue they are having.

I can call and explain this better if you want?

If so give me your phone number please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Monday
April 10, 2017Hi Richard:
You are very very professional... I am favorably impressed!
My telephone number is(###) ###-####
Fix me up so I can connect to you again; since there will be more issues!Bruce M. Forrester Jr
I am an old geezer, age 69 (the perfect age by the way, especially with a new lover girlfriend!).

Calling Bruce!

Hi Bruce,

As discussed, when you have time, please do the following instructions

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.