Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can a memory and battery be removed from an iPhone 5?

Customer Question
Can a memory and...

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you running?

Actually, I don't know. The phone came from Verizon.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I dropped my IPhone and broke it last September. It has som items in memory. It turns on but the screen is separated from the body. I have a replacement and was directed by Asurion (the insurance company) to remove the battery and memory from the old phone and install them in the new phone. Verizon said I couldn't. What's the story? If so, can I bring it into your shop for repair?

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don't kn ow a thing about iPhones so nothing. The thing is, the is heald to the body by just a few wires.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 1 year ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Yes, you can remove the battery from the iPhone 5 but you need special tools to open the case.

Take a look here: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+5+Battery+Replacement/10587

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.