Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Apple ID will not accept my new password

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Is it your ipad that wont accept your new apple id password?

Have you tried entering your apple id password at the apple sign in page, using another device? here ist he apple sign in page

https://appleid.apple.com/

Try signing in there using your apple id from the ipad and the new password ***** set, will it let you sign in?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. I have updated my password ***** the program keeps me going in a circle asking to insert a new pw.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When will I hear from you?
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

A couple of things.

First, reset your apple password ***** another device. Then close that broswer down

and log into your iTunes or other program you use with your apple id and verify the

new password 'took'.

Then turn the ipad off and back on again. Let it connect to the internet and then try

to enter the new password.

Let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am still unable to open my Apple ID account.. I have changed my password- go through my questions when I first entered them years ago - they are still active - have changed my pw many times- have used***@******.*** and***@******.***...nothing works.

Does it ever say it is successful when you change your password?

And your iPad will request your root apple id you started it with. '

Do you know which one that is?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I only have one browser..Safari. How do I connect to a new browser that will help me? Thanks

That isnt a browser request. It is a remote support so we can connect and i

can help resolve the issue for you.

However, that is a good call too.

You should always try to keep a back up browser.

Many people download firefox and install it. That way if your mac goes down for safari

you can always use the back up browser.

This needs to be done from a computer. Not your ipad if possible for the 'resets'

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it opens my info such as my birthdate, address, etc. I type my pw twice and then it accepts and then when I go to Apple to sign in, it won't accept.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
O.K. I don't have another computer.

Ok, so you are resetting this on your ipad, correct?

If so, power cycle the ipad after you reset password ***** ensure it is for that exact

email you reset it for.

Press and hold the top right power button for about 3 to 4 seconds until the screen dims. You'll see a red slider at the top that says “slide to power off;” doing this will power down the iPad. After another few seconds, you'll see the screen go completely black.

Then ensure you are on a network and enter the new password *****

Did you still need help with your issue? If so, please respond to continue.

~Franklin