Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone 5 has been stolen. Can I retrieve anything from…

Customer Question
My iPhone 5 has...

My iPhone 5 has been stolen. Can I retrieve anything from it?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?

Operating system

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Find my phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. It may be on the ground and not have been noticed yet. Telstra system is down so they can

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please help. Can I retrieve my info?
3/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
If you have ever turned on iCloud and/or the find my iPhone feature before your phone was stolen, then you could log into https://www.icloud.com and see some of your info such as contacts, photos, etc. Also if you have ever backed your phone up to iCloud, when you get a new iPhone you could sign into your phone within the iCloud section found in settings>iCloud ...this would also show you all the info you had before.
If you go to https://www.icloud.com you can also see if find my iPhone was turned on and erase, lock, or send a message to your phone on the home screen stating something like please return phone or whatever you would like.
If this helps at all, please consider to rate my services. If not, please let me know how I can further assist.

Did you still need help?

If what I posted previously helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps to let others know that I am here to help. If not,please let me know how I can further assist.

It has been a couple days without a response so I just wanted to check in and make sure you were all good. Please let me know and consider to rate my services if I was able to help in any way. If your still having an issue, please let me know so we can fix it.

Thanks.