Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I had Snow Leopard which was great and I had to upgrade to…

Customer Question
I had Snow Leopard...

I had Snow Leopard which was great and I had to upgrade to El Capitan in order to have a printer connected. I used iMovie and iDVD all the time. I made hour long DVD vacations and put in my music and I was good at it. Since upgrading I can't do anything -- for 2 years. I am very depressed. I have used the iMovie but when I go to same and then use iDVD all I get is a simple slide show with apple music. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?

El Capitan

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just the automatic ones--It says my machine can't update some of them

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I'm 76 and starting to loose it. I am helpless. Is it possible to go back to Snow Leopard?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

Probably but I just want to be able to make movies, with all the perks and my music and be able to make a dvd.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
3/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Are you having issues with locating the video files or are you having issues with editing them?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Mike, Mac Medic