Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I updated my iPad mini to iOS 8 and it was disabled for

Customer Question
I updated my iPad...

I updated my iPad mini to iOS 8 and it was disabled for security reasons. The only screen I get is to put in my email address and password. It will not accept my password. When I put it in and hit enter it tells me my iPad is not set up. What can I do to fix it?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Not sure. This is the one my husband uses and since he has been diagnosed with dimentia he rarely uses it. He goes several weeks without using it.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I just updated iOS 8 a few days ago.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

The only thing it will let me do is put in my email address and password.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to fix it so he can get on it to exercise his brain so I guess that's what I need.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
3/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, Please go to iforgot.apple.com enter your email address, then click on Continue at the bottom, and follow the onscreen instructions in order to reset your Apple password, Once you change the password, please use the new password ***** unlock your iPad Mini.

Let me know the results

Thank you

do you still need help please?