Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have created an imovie and I have no disk drive on this…

Customer Question
I have created an...

I have created an imovie and I have no disk drive on this computer how can I move it to another apple device for burn on idvd

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

Some...not an expert. I have been an apple user for years

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Like what ones? I just updated word, not sure that would help

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing, I just do not know how to get the file from one comupter to another. I have an apple laptop with a disk drive and imovie, I just cant get it from one computer to another. When I save the file on a thumb drive it will not open in imovie or idvd

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

No Ok, what other charges will there be

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
3/3/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 1 year ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi there, I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

There a few possibilities, you can use a flash drive or portable hard drive to copy the file and move over.

You can also open a free Dropbox, you are given 2GB account. You can upload to Dropbox which is a cloud site you can upload data and retain. Then you can download from the Dropbox site onto the other Mac.

I hope this helps or answers your question. If you need assistance moving the file I can offer remote assistance and help you. If you have any further questions let me know. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit.