Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Can we retrieve text messages that have been erased, its an…

Customer Question
Can we retrieve text...

Can we retrieve text messages that have been erased

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Its an iphone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We erased the messages and now we need them can we retrieve them

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
2/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

As you probably already know, when you delete something from your phone, only the reference to that file is being deleted and the actual file will be still there for a limited time and could be recovered using third party data recovery applications. These deleted files will be there until they are over written with new ones. It is possible to retrieve deleted files like text message. But that completely depends up on how much you used your phone after you deleted them. If you have used your phone to take photos, videos, download apps, send and receive more messages etc, then the chance of getting them are very low. Because they might be over written with new ones.

The more you use the phone, the more it become hard or impossible to recover. However, you can attempt to recover them using the following applications

Dr.Fone for from Wondershare --> https://drfone.wondershare.com/ios-data-recovery.html

The application is a paid one, so try the trial versions before buying it. Again, I can't guarantee they can be recovered. If you are unable to recover them, please don't rate me bad or poor or OK which will badly affect my job here, as this is something I can only give instructions on and the success completely depends up on the factors I mentioned.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.