Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have an apple ID but for some reason I can't purchase

Customer Question
Hello I have an apple...
Hello I have an apple ID but for some reason I can't purchase movies on my (this is a recent problem) how do I get me apple tv to recognise my password?
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: I tried to reset it last night, but I can access iTunes on my laptop but not my apple tv
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, I reinstalled the apple tv last night and needed a verification number to my approved phone number but it didn't come
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: not much else - I'm not very techno
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
1/11/2017
Mac Support Specialist: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

To confirm, the password ***** typed for your Apple ID on your Apple TV was not recognised?

Type your reply below.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that's right
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is secure connection my only option?

OK. If you are on a computer now, please go to this web page:

https://appleid.apple.com/

Sign in there. Let me know if the password *****

Secure Remote Assistance is optional. We can use it later if needed. Please check if you could sign in to your Apple ID on the page I suggested.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it says that that a two factor authentication has been sent to my secure device but it hasn't come

That is probably your phone, but check all the devices you own for any messages from Apple.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not on any device

OK. Please go back to the same page and try to sign in again. You should receive a verification code within 2 minutes. If that doesn't happen, try to reset the password ***** your Apple ID by going to this page:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Let me know the results.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Mike, Mac Medic