Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Not quite sure. something seems to not let any security app

Customer Question

not quite sure. something seems to not let any security app i install work correctly.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: quite a bit
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: updates tp which? but all on my computer is up to date
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have reinstalled the os and this is where things get strange. I will then install say Norton or i tried Bulldog last. and with norton is it will that I'm not defended and i need to fix it I hit fix an it runs forever then Norton tells me to restart and when I restart everything says I'm ok yet in my console logs when I try to update it says error and socket closed and in the logs it says error when Norton app says it completed live download and then he scan says nothing. on Bulldog kit says scan engines cannot not load even after in unisntatll and reinstall.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Same problem but worse on my laptop it says $30
Category: Mac
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 9 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know if this on a Mac or a Desktop PC / Laptop?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
mac

Thank you, ***** ***** forward you to a Mac expert then. Thanks for your patience.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i was just about to do a clean install
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i paid the $30 but then i bought a membership so shouldn't this fall under the membership instead of paying $90
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no I'm familiar with it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i thought this was immediate