Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

I was trying to export 1 picture from iPhot to my pictures

I was trying to export 1 picture from iPhot to my pictures document and some how inadvertently imported 67,338 pictures into iPhoto that were already in iPhoto. Now my iPhoto is not working correctly. I did this several days ago and have since exported a few iPhoto pictures to my pictures folder. Also under 'recent' w/ the palm tree picture it shows: sTh1D%3RRDmhxE9X0sy8zA
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: El Capitan 10.11.6
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't believe so
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing other than searching the web to see what I needed to do but no luck there
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: other than iPhoto is slow and the cirlce thing goes around alot when I want to do anything in iPhoto; also the scroll bar isn't working very well

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Can you try rolling back to a previous date with Time Machine?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Their is so much in my time machine, i.e., Backups.backupdb, Damaged Files & lost and found. Can you be specific for what I am looking for? I am not sure of the exact date I did the accidental import but can narrow it down to several days.

You will need to look in Backups, and roll back the folder which you imported the photos into, so that it becomes restored to the state it was in previously.