Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

After updating imac Sierra and putting on a mcaffe livesafe

Customer Question

after updating imac Sierra and putting on a mcaffe livesafe protection the mac will not detect any printer that is previously did and will not after deleting printer and trying to reinstall
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: virgin media 2G or 5G wireless only
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: mail would not quit so had to force quit then updated sierra and added mcaffee for good measure
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: rebooted all i have 2 printers canon and hp and both work with phone and ipad
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You don't need any AntiVirus protection on your Mac since you are using latest macOS. Latest macOS has system integrity protection enabled, so virus or malware can't compromise the system. Not only that Apple releases and patch any vulnerable loop holes in macOS by security updates.

The issue is caused by the Firewall of MacAfee. Open McAfee and do you see any Firewall section ?