Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have office for mac on an old machine I am shutting down.

Customer Question
How do I move the...
I have office for mac on an old machine I am shutting down. How do I move the license to my new mac mini? I still have the install disk but need to know how to move the license.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: quite a bit with the old one. not so much with the new one
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: the old one is powerpc chip based so way out of date on browser, etc. unusable
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, i don't think so
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
1/10/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You need do nothing more than install and activate on your new computer.

Office for Mac does not have a de-activation feature. You are granted a certain amount of reactivations for personal use.

If you have a boxed version, the product key can be found on the inside of the DVD case.

Insert the DVD into the new computer's optical drive and follow the on-screen directions to install the software.

Alternatively you can download the Microsoft Office installer from the Microsoft website.

Enter the 25-digit product key when prompted by the software.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Pete, Computer Engineer