Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I'm not sure if iPhoto is finding some of my pictures on my

Customer Question
Hi Mike, I'm not sure...
Hi Mike, I'm not sure if iPhoto is finding some of my pictures on my iPhone to import. I don't know if they are already imported by iCloud or something but I can't find them
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer. I am reviewing your questions now and will reply ASAP.

Do you still need assistance with your issue? Please reply to let me know and we can proceed.

Ok. Can you unlock your iPhone, and open the camera. Take a random photo and then verify that you can see it in your camera roll. Now leave your iPhone unlocked and connect it up to your computer.

With the iPhone unlocked you should see this latest picture available for import. Let me know how it goes.

I don't see the picture on iPhoto but I do see it on my phones camera roll

Depending on your version of iPhoto you might need to use Image Capture instead.

Go to Applications and open the Utilities folder, then launch Image Capture.

You should see your iPhone and all your photos and be able to import.

Maybe I need to update iPhoto?
I have update available for my software that I haven't done

Yes that could help, but it depends on how old your Mac is. You can Image Capture in the meantime and import to a folder, and from there into iPhoto.

Hm I don't see image capture in utilities
Oh found it

You should have it, it is standard on all Macs. Try using Spotlight search to find it, click the Spotlight icon in the top right and type Image Capture.

It only finds a few pictures including the random one I took. What about all the others on the camera roll?

Then they were deleted after the last import, so they should be in iPhoto, or on your Mac someplace if you used Image Capture already, or on another Mac you connected it to.

That's strange because I don't think I imported them. I just took the a couple days ago. Could they have been imported over wifi? Like through iCloud or photo stream. Not sure what the difference is between those

They should also still be available for import using Image Capture. Can you see some photos in your camera roll that are not in Image Capture?

lots

You should check that they haven't already been imported to iPhoto, and log into iCloud and check if they are there.

http://icloud.com

I can't figure out where you go to see what photos are on iCloud. I logged into the website iCloud.com

Hi, I'm sorry for the delay. I will not be able to reply for a day or two so I will opt out and one of my colleagues should be able to pick up the question. Thanks!

Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Can you please ensure you have iTunes installed on your computer, you can get it from www.iTunes.com

Once installed, connect your iPhone to the computer, open iTunes and allow it to synch

Once done, tell me if you then see the pictures in iPhoto please

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

I synced my phone with iTunes and I still don't see the photos. They should be under the last 18 months tab right? I took them a few days ago and over Christmas
Ok I see them on the photo stream. But why do I not see them under last 18 months?

It will be reading the dates it was synched, as this was the date it made when it was added to the mac.

But you are best to synch them this way, and do it regularly so they are backed up

Good it is now working for you, if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

But it was synced in the last 18 months.. because I just took the pictures a few days ago?
Also I noticed that I haven't found some of the videos on the computer. I'm guessing they aren't transferred by photostream? But they aren't found when I plug in my phone to the computer

It displays it based on the Synch date.

Videos are not transferred by photostream, use image capture for films

I didn't find them on image capture

ok... initially the question was about finding some photos in iPhoto, and I believe you are finding them all now? Can you first confirm this before moving onto this next question?

No I realized I haven't found some of the videos
I'm sorry I was trying to find my original specialist, Mike. Is he not available?

I am referring to the pictures David

I have found some photos but not videos

ok, great we got the photos resolved.

For this new question about your videos I ask you please to make a new question from this, you can request Mike in the question title

Thanks

Will I have to pay again?

yes as it is a new question

No it's not it's related to the same problem
Importing pictures and videos is the same thing. I will not pay again
Also Mike told me last time he helped me that he would help me again free of charge. So please just forward this to him

you would need then to return to that question

I think you are confusing the questions as this one is

I'm not sure if iPhoto is finding some of my pictures on my iPhone to import. I don't know if they are already imported by iCloud or something but I can't find them

And we now have the pictures, I see nothing here about videos

It won't let me continue the past conversation with mike without paying again. I originally requested mike but it gave me DAVID and you for some reason
Can you pleasseee see if mike is available? If not I won't be paying again and won't be using this service anymore or giving you a good review

I have decided to opt out of working with you further. I do not know what Mike promised you with free questions, and cannot speak for him, I do know we have solved your problem, and of course it is your descion to decided on additional questions at no costs, if you feel you were promised this, I will opt out.

Please do not reply until another expert has taken over

Richard, Apple Software Engineer