Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I want to set up a new fitbit. apple will not let me buy app

Customer Question

I want to set up a new fitbit. apple will not let me buy app as it won't accept my password
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Not sure. quite some time ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I always update my iphone apps when one is available
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I really haven't. not sure what to try
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really just want to download app
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

You will need to reset your Apple password ***** you can purchase an app on your iPhone, even if it is a free app.

1. Let’s begin by going to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid

2. When the webpage opens enter the email address that you use to login to your ipad with. If you know your id, after entering it, proceed to STEP 3. If you do not know your id click on "FORGOT APPLE ID" then click next and enter your first name, last name, and email address. Your user id will be emailed to that address.

3. Now, choose to either have instructions sent to you via email, or choose "answer security questions" whichever you prefer. This should allow you to regain access to your account.

Once you have reset the password ***** your APPLE account, on your phone, be sure to enter the new password ***** both iTunes and iCloud.