David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

I would likr to purchase Apple Pages for my 2008 Mac which

Customer Question

I would likr to purchase Apple Pages for my 2008 Mac which currently has an OS 10.9.5. I need a minimum OS 10.12 or later. Can I purchase an OS upgrade?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have a desktop IMac with an OS 10.9.5
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I added / replaced a 4GB memory card and a year or more upgraded the OS
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not troubled shot yet. When I went to look into the Pages download I noticed that my OS system fell short of the recommended OS and when I attempted to purchase I received a noticed from apple that I did not have a OS system which would support the purchase.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that about it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 7 months ago.

Do you still need assistance with your issue? Please reply to let me know and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like to install pages on my mac but it looks like the current version of pages require an os upgrade which looks like my iMac is not capable of being upgraded any further
Expert:  David replied 7 months ago.

Hi, try downloading the iWork '09 trial version:

iWork '09 Trial

When you have installed it, open up each application, Numbers Pages and Keynote.

Then close each of them.

Finally open the App Store and check for updates, install and you should have the latest available version for your Mac.