Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Can my 10.7.5 27 Mid 2011 OS be upgraded, or is is now junk,

Customer Question

Can my 10.7.5 27 Mid 2011 OS be upgraded, or is is now junk
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: 10.7.5
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: None available
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'd like to upgrade the OS, is that possible?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a 27 Mid 2011 machine. I'd like to upgrade the OS. Advice?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I look forward assisting you today with your question.

Good News is, your Mac can handle the latest 10.12 Sierra.

Follow the steps below to upgrade the OS X.

Click on the Apple icon and App Store. This will bring App Store. Click Updates tab. You will see macOS Sierra there with FREE UPGRADE button. Click Free Upgrade and enter your Apple ID and password.

This will download the update. It may take a few hours to download. Once the download is completed, it will bring the OS X Installer. Follow the onscreen instructions to install it. It may take up to 3 hours to install the upgrade.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm going to attempt the upgrade myself.
Thank you for the advice/\.
Phil
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

You're most welcome Phil. Remember this is a major upgrade process so it will take some time, so make sure you have enough time before starting the upgrade. The upgrade process shouldn't be interrupted.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service ( 5 stars) and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You did a fine job, but I have no idea what my Apple ID is!
Without it I'm wasting your time and mine. Thank you!
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Apple ID would be your email address you registered with Apple.

If you don't remember your Apple ID, then you can find it from
here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid

If you don't remember the password, then you have to reset the password. You can reset it from here (go to this website from your computer) --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Go to the above website. Choose " I want to reset password". Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID. It would be your email registered with Apple, like Gmail, Yahoo etc. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password.

If that didn't work, then go to this site again --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

This time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your password. Then upgrade.