Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My computer keeps shutting off, I apologize, I am not very

Customer Question
My computer keeps shutting off JA...
My computer keeps shutting off
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I apologize, I am not very computer savvy. It is Mac osx is that what you need?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no i havent'
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing. it started last week and has happend 4 or 5 times. Today it has already shut down twice while i have been working
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
1/7/2017
Mac Support Specialist: technicalcat, Consultant replied 10 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

What is the make and model of this computer? Laptop or desktop?

Well it just shut off again so I'm waiting for it to turn back on. It's a desktop
I can't get it to come back on now...

Is this a Mac? What's the model of this computer?

it's a mac, I don't know a model number for you because I cannot get it to come back on. We purchased it new in nov 2011
When I just pushed the power button I could hear it sound like it was going to start but nothing is happening. I had to disconnect the power cord to even get it to act as if it was going to turn back on.
Mike, Mac Medic