Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am locked out of my iPad..is a passcode the same as a

Customer Question
password? JA: When did you last...
I am locked out of my iPad..is a passcode the same as a password?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: 4 or 5 months ago....
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: a week or so ago...but I think I had to install using my password
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know what to do.....I had no trouble last night...I put in my password ***** it wouldn't aceept my fingerprint....but it would take and locked me out
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 10 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it asking for the (4-digit or 6-digit) Passcode or the (Apple ID) Password?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

it is asking for a passcode

Thank you. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Another solution:

1. Click on the website below:
    https://www.icloud.com/find
  2. Sign in with the Apple ID (email address) account associated with your iPad.
  3. Click on option All Devices at the top.
  4. Select your iPad device, if shown.
  5. Wait a bit, and see if it is able to locate your iPad.
  6. If yes (if it does not show Offline), then click Erase... to erase your device and its passcode.
  7. Once that is done, then check your iPad and re-set it up, and if prompted, select option to Restore from iCloud.

- Do you see the restore option in the 1st solution and/or do you see your iPad in the 2nd solution?

- Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, and if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix your iPad issue directly through your computer for you.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech