Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I locked myself out of my iPhone 6S plus. I had trouble

Customer Question
I locked myself out of...
I locked myself out of my iPhone 6S plus. I had trouble uploading the latest iTunes to both computers and ended up running recovery on the computer my phone is not backed up to. Can I just re-rerun the recovery on the computer the phone is backed up to and then back it up? Is there any reason that running the recovery program twice would hurt the phone? (And yes, I am technology challenged.) Thanks!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: If you mean my computer, I have no idea what the make or model is. It is not a Mac and runs on Windows.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: On my computer? I installed the latest version of iTunes. On my phone, no.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just trying to figure out how to get into iCloud to run the recovery program on my phone. Since I did the restore on the computer the phone is not backed up to, I couldn't use the direction at the end of the restore program - which otherwise seemed to work fine except for my dumb use of the wrong machine.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
1/7/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Yes, do try re-rerunning the recovery on the computer and let me know if that works?

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Pete, Computer Engineer