Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My safari cannot open the page because the address is

Customer Question

my safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid. I can't get out of this page. In the background it says virus detected
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: i don't know
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: about a week ago
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i guess that's it
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you having issue with your Mac computer or with your iPad tablet or iPhone smartphone, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. Since I do not know the device you are having issue, I'm going to give some general solutions for now. When you are available, please reply back, so I can help further.

Solution #1:

- If the issue is on the Mac computer, please try a possible fix below:

1. Force quit the Safari application by clicking on the Apple logo / menu, then click on the option Force Quit
    ; (or press at the same time the 3 keys Command-Option-Esc on the keyboard)
    , then select the item Safari, then click on Force Quit button at the bottom, then click on Force Quit to confirm.
    ; (if needed, just shut down / restart the computer by clicking on the Apple logo / menu, then click on option Restart or by holding the power on / off button until it turns off, then turn it back on.)
  2. Next, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard, and open the Safari application
  3. Once the Safari application is open, then release the Shift key.
    - Then see if the issue is resolved now.

- If the issue is on an iPhone or iPad or iPod, please try a possible fix below:

1. Open the Settings app icon.
  2. There, tap on Safari option (if needed, scroll down (on the left) first.)
  3. Then tap on the option Clear History and Website Data (if needed, scroll down (on the right) first.)
  4. Then tap on the option Clear.
  5. Open Safari app, and it should work now.
  6. But if it does not work, then press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit. Then try steps 1 to 5 above again, and check.

Solution #2:

1. Shut down / restart the device. (Do not open the Safari application yet.)

2. Then turn off Wi-Fi / wireless, if you use, on your device for now.

3. Then disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for now.

4. Then open Safari app. (It should give error about the connection; ignore that for now.)

5. Go to a website, such as yahoo.com or google.com and it should still gives error.

6. Reconnect the power cord(s) to your internet modem / router device(s).

7. Wait about 5 minutes.

8. Turn on Wi-Fi on your device, if you have Wi-Fi.

9. Now, check the internet on your Safari; go to some websites and check.

- If needed, quit Safari app, then re-open it and check.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,