kanoko
kanoko, Mac Guru
Experience:  5+ years of Mac expertise
65089077

I am having problems with my audio syncing with my video

Customer Question

I am having problems with my audio syncing with my video downloads
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: It is on Windows 8.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yyes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just installed a new bluetooth device, the audio was working before but is not working now, but only with apple, not other products.
Category: Mac
Expert:  kanoko replied 6 months ago.

I would be glad to help.

Expert:  kanoko replied 6 months ago.

To begin can you tell me the make and model of the bluetooth audio device and the computer that you are having this problem on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just purchased a Insignia ns-pcysbma-c bluetooth adapter.the bluetooth headphones I am using are bt200. What is so unusual is that I have downloaded music, movies and tv shows from iTunes. I can hear all of the music fine without any problems. The only problems I am having are with the movies and tv shows, where the audio and video are not synced. Also now the audio is not working at all with the videos it is completely silent. The computer I am using is a acer aspite 4810tz. I am running windows 8.1 on it.
Expert:  kanoko replied 6 months ago.

Can you try playing videos on a few different web sites like youtube.com hulu.com vimeo.com and let me know if you experience any problems on those sites?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried all of the sites that you listed YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo and even Netflix and all of them have worked fine
Expert:  kanoko replied 6 months ago.

Have you tried connecting another set of headphones or speakers to your computer to see if they exhibit the same problem with your iTunes files?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the only problems I am having is with my bluetooth headset. I plugged a wired headset into the laptop and everything works well.
Expert:  kanoko replied 6 months ago.

I see. Based on those test results I would suspect the issue is with your Bluetooth headphones ability to decode the audio of the DRM-protected content in iTunes. This is why you cannot reproduce the issue from other media sources or other headphones. First I would try reducing the distance between the headphones and the bluetooth receiver. Also, I would remove the Bluetooth pairing entry for your headphones from the Windows Bluetooth settings and try repairing the headphones. If that doesn't work you may need to purchase a higher end bluetooth receiver. Also do you know the manufacturer of the headphones? There are currently two different Bluetooth headphones with that same model name. I'd like to check the manual of the headphones to see if there are settings to change the way DRM content is received.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. I will try that and see if it works.
Expert:  kanoko replied 6 months ago.

Great. After rereading my post I realized I might have been unclear what I meant by "repairing the headphones". I meant to reestablish a new pairing with the Blluetooth receiver, not physically repairing the headphones in any way. Sorry if that confused you. Let me know if those suggestions do not resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you David, I understood exactly what you were telling me to do. Thank you for your help.
Ralph Giove
Expert:  kanoko replied 6 months ago.

Did re-pairing or reducing the distance of the headphones help eliminate or reduce the audio delay? If not, what is the make and model of the headphones? There may be a way to change how DRM audio is decoded using buttons on the headphones.