Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have been bumped out of my ipad. I bought it 4 years ago

Customer Question
I have been bumped out...
I have been bumped out of my ipad. I bought it 4 years ago and am the only owner-operator. I can't remember my icloud info to re-activate. Please help
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: don't understand this question
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no and its telling me the ipad was trying to connect to an iphone which I do not own
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried shutting it down a few times and putting in info I thought might work but its asking for icloud info and I never use icloud although often I get messages that somehow divert to icloud
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, other than I have had problems in the last year and plan to buy a new one when I go to Canada in April. I live in the Caribbean and there is no tech help here.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The first thing to try in this sort of situation, is to try to regain your iCloud or Apple ID password.

If you are sure of what your Apple ID is, then with your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'.

(If you aren't sure of your Apple ID, you first go to this page:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

and follow the process it recommends, to recover your Apple ID.)

(If you've forgotten your iCloud password ***** can use Apple's My Apple ID service to recover it. For further instructions, go to

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-recover-forgotten-icloud-password-3599314/ )

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!
(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)
Thanks.

Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert