Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My mac book pro continues to reboot, i get pop up adds for

Customer Question
mac repair that run while...
my mac book pro continues to reboot, i get pop up adds for mac repair that run while it reboots
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: not sure just how old i did not buy it new but it did not do this for a couple of years. It is running OS X El Capitan
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have it update automaticly
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: what is the cost
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mac Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mac
1/4/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what was your recomendation for my problem. I dont see any where where you answered my problem.

Because of the popup ads, I suspect you may have malware on your system.

Please go to the following site and download Malware Bytes for the Mac, do a scan of your system, and allow it to remove whatever it finds. Then run it again until it no longer finds any objects. Let me know if this improves the function of the computer.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan