syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Systems Engineer with over 18 years experience in configuration, integration and troubleshooting
13852270

Can I obtain record of previous imesages? my daughter has

Customer Question

can I obtain record of previous imesages? my daughter has been using her phone a lot at night but our Verizon phone usage report does not indicate any messaging. does the immessaage use only dat and can I retrieve any info on who she has been communicating with?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: not sure, she has the iphone 7s
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: im assuming she has, she bought in in mid October of this year
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can I retrieve old messages as well- as what was written or to whom and when?
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello? no response yet
Expert:  syseng replied 9 months ago.

My name is David.

If you have or can get access to your daughter's iCloud account, the automatic backup performed by the phone is stored on iCloud by default and it includes all of the iMessage conversation content. There is a service called TeenSafe I would recommend that you can subscribe to at the following link:

click here

I have used it in the past and it provides an easy way to access the iPhone backup files stored on iCloud with full access to all iMessages, text messages and other communications. Note that there is about a 1 day lag between when the messages are sent and when you can view them (quite often it is less).

Please let me know if you need further assistance, and please provide a positive rating if you are satisfied with the service.

Thanks,

David.

Expert:  syseng replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in to find out if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.