Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I have an iphone 6 and for several days, it just shows the

Customer Question

Hi. I have an iphone 6 and for several days, it just shows the Apple logo. I took it to the phone store and they said that the battery needs to be replaced at the Apple Store.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: OS 10.6, however, when I tried to do a factory restore, it wouldn't do it because my OS is so much older than the phone.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: holding down the home key and the power key for many minutes. Holding down the home key and the increase volume key. Synching with the computer to return to factory settings.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, not that I think of. Is there a charge for the service?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mac Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: What is the rate for a Mac Technician reply?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

If the iPhone is just showing the Apple logo then you cannot factory reset it until it can get past the logo.

How old is the phone?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
a few months
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
alright. thanks for your time.
Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

The good news is that it is still under warranty which means that you can take it into the Apple store for a free replacement or repair since it has hardware issues.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok. thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
please remove my credit card so that I am not billed further. thank you.
Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

I will send a note to customer service for you.

Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.