Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

The phone is frozen, when I turn it off then on I get I

Customer Question
tunes symbol and then it...
the phone is frozen, when I turn it off then on I get I tunes symbol and then it shuts off
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: apple 6 phone?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, I was in the middle of an update
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: shutting the phone off
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mac
1/2/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 10 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 30 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. If it does not power on release the buttons after 60 seconds and then hold the power/sleep button only for 60 seconds then try holding both buttons again. Repeat the process a few times and then if it does not power on you will need to use your computer to restore the iPhone. Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPhone, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPhone.
Mike, Mac Medic