Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

How do i get rid oftouch id on iPhone 6s/ i cannot get into

Customer Question

how do i get rid oftouch id on iPhone 6s/ i cannot get into my phone
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: how do i find this out. i have a new one and that is how i put in the finger print and it won't recognize my code when i put it in as there is no enter button
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, that is how all this came about.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i cannot get into my phone so I checked with and downloaded a tutorial on tube but it does not give me any info. that is all i knew how to do.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don' think so
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

The passcode screen does not require for you to press "enter" -- After all of the digits are entered, it will automatically unlock if the correct code is entered.

If you cannot bypass the passcode lock then the only way to fix the issue is to perform a factory reset:

1. From a computer, go to icloud.com/find.
  2. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID
  3. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
  4. Select the device you want to erase.
  5. Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.
  6. Now you can restore from a backup.

If you have anymore questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what the heck? I did not agree to $28.00 charge. an another for $5.00 for iMac help. This is robbery. I suppose there is another charge for the secure connect and fix.
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

We do not need to do secure connect -- Please ignore the automated response by the system.

4. Select the device you want to erase.
  6. Now you can restore from a backup.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ROBBERY! TRICKERY!
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

Did you follow my steps?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what was the $5.00 for after the $28.00 charge. So far I have racked up $33.00 for nothing and still cannot get into my iPhone..
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

It appears that you are not seeing my steps, here they are again for you:

4. Select the device you want to erase.
  6. Now you can restore from a backup.