Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My ipad asks for a passcode. I have not used a passcode

Customer Question
before and now it wont...
My ipad asks for a passcode. I have not used a passcode before and now it wont let me into the ipad
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Whatever ipad uses. I dont know
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. The last one that was requested
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: holding down the shutdown button and home button to reboot
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont t hink so This is about my sisters ipad. I am talking on my ipad does that make a difference
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mac
1/1/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 11 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The only way to bypass the passcode screen is to perform a factory reset...

1. From a computer, go to icloud.com/find.
  2. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID
  3. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
  4. Select the device you want to erase.
  5. Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.
  6. Now you can restore from a backup.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Happy New Year!

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Josh, Mac Support