Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Have an Apple MacBook with an external CD player attached. I

Customer Question

have an Apple MacBook with an external CD player attached. I cannot find a way to eject a CD from the machine. 'Finder' - Flie has 'Eject' greyed out.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is a MacBook Retina 12 inch , early 2015 and macOSSierra is running.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am streaming CDs to play through the MacBook to new Bose speakers
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are several ways to eject the disc. The common methods are, click on the disc icon in desktop/finder and press Command and E

Or click on the disc icon in Desktop and click and drag it to Trash and Trash will turn to eject icon, so release it there.

Or restart your mac and immediately hold down the LEFT mouse button or left trackpad button before the chime sound/grey screen appears. Keep it held down until the disk comes out. It would like take only up to 20 seconds to eject the disc.

These methods will eject the disc unless the disc is jammed in there. Let me know if you are unable to eject it, so we can try a different method to eject it.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.