Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I just installed google photo app to help free up storage

Customer Question

I just installed google photo app to help free up storage space. I think the downloading is complete. Little hard to tell. Every time I "refresh" it seems there's more to download. At any rate, when it is complete do I have to individually delete every photo on my iPad photo app??? There's got to be a better and faster way. I'm not a techie so please help me in very simple language! Many thanks.
JA: How old is your iPad, and what model are you using?
Customer: Wow! That was fast! I'm guessing IPad Air three years old.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Any time I get an update, I automatically install.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. That's it! Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Instead of Google Photos app, why don't you use iCloud Photo Library ? This way all your photos are stored online and you can still view them on your iPad ? iCloud Photo Library is from Apple and In iCloud Photo Library, you have a feature that allow you to upload all the photos to iCloud and then store a low size thumbinail on Photos app (i.e on iPad), so it won't take the full space and when you view those photos, they will be viewed from iCloud directly