Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Second opinion] After I type in my password the apple logo

Customer Question

Second opinion] After I type in my password ***** apple logo appears and below it I get the rotating disc and that's all the further it goes.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Quite a while ago.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not sure of the last update. There was one not too long ago but was more than ten days ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: restarting while pressing the shift key and others
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i tried running diagnostics by holding the d key while powering up but the screen freezes after 37 minutes
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

I saw the way you treated the other expert and I have no desire to help you. Good luck.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You've got to be kidding! We're in the midst of diagnostics and he just quits responding. Leaves me hanging by awaiting his guidance. Sound like customer service to you?
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

Sorry I misread that you are correct...

Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

Let's start by :

Resetting the SMC & PRAM on portables with a battery you should not remove on your own

1. Shut down the computer.

2. Plug in the power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.

3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time, if it starts up you held the power button before the other keys, try again.

4. Release all the keys and the power but

ton at the same time.

5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.

6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears. (You have to do it pretty fast if you miss it just shut down by holding the power button for 10 seconds then start it up and continue with step 6).

7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts again at least twice.

8. Release the keys.

Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

And immediately hold the Option Command R keys to boot to Internet Recovery

Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

Sorry, I have had a few negative ratings today from customers who I have given correct answers to, so you can imagine how frustrating it is... Let me know

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Your track record looks very good so don't sweat it too much. I am on a tight time frame because I have a granddaughter 8.5 hours from here who may have to go back into ICU which means I gotta get outta here. So after I struck out with your Kevin I waited a bit and didn't get a second response for a while. I just got back from taking my laptop to the Geek Shop.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

OK so you are good now?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They will fix it but it will cost me more than an arm and a leg. How do I get my money back from you guys!
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

Sorry about that.

I am just a user on this site, like you. I have no access to your account or what you have paid, customer service would be happy to help you. Select the link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** 2017!
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.

Same to you!! :-)