Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

It won't turn on. I had it for a few minutes this morning

Customer Question

It won't turn on. I had it for a few minutes this morning and now it doesn't react in any way. I've plugged it into my computer and did the update but I just can't get it to turn on. When I press the "on" buttons together, the screen gets marginally lighter but I cannot turn it on.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Iphone 6, Windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. And that is the problem, I think.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I think, pretty much everything... When I do the diagnostics, it indicates that my updates are up to date but I can't find my phone.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not Mac. PC
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Only reset if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of your device.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPhone or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, Just checking. How is it going ?