Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Just spilled wine on the laptop, but think I cleaned it off

Customer Question

Just spilled wine on the laptop, but think I cleaned it off immediately. What else can i do except letting it dry. (It is poswered off.)
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: MacBook Pro OS 10.12
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Dried immediately and turned upside down to dry.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: White wine?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 10 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

You did everything right already. Turn it upside down and just let it dry up. You can also try to use a vacuum cleaner to dry to suck out some of the white wine. But it is not really needed. Just let it dry for about 24 to 48 hours to make sure there is no more fluid within the electric circuits. Then turn it back on and it should be all fine again really.

Is it that what you wanted to know or can I be of further help? Please let me know by replying in the box below.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck