Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a new iphone7 and downloaded iOS 102 when it asked

Customer Question

I have a new iphone7 and downloaded iOS 102 when it asked for my password ***** put in the wrong one now phone is locked up?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I haven't reset it
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes i tried to install ios102
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none because i do not know how
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What password ***** ***** asking for ? iCloud Activation password ***** 4 ot 6 digit passcode ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't remember now but believe it was one of these two?
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Can you check your iPhone and let me know ? The instructions to fix both are different

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can not check the phone because the phone is locked
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

What does the phone shows now ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Now the phone is asking for a 6 digit code
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

This is the 6 digit passcode you setup when you setup the phone for first time. Do you know what you setup ?

If not, let me know and we can reset the phone from computer

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
maybe this is it? 708979
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Can you try it ? Or is your iPhone disabled ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i did try it . the message is the iPhone is disabled
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

If you are locked out and the iPhone is disabled, then your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Following are the two methods to fix it

Method 1 : Erase from iCloud

If you have iCloud enabled on it and also if your iPhone is connected to WiFi/internet, then youcan do the erase (restore) from iCloud - so you don't have to go through the restore steps.

On your computer, goto www.icloud.com

Login to your iCloud/Apple account. Click Find iPhone. Select your iPhone under All Devices.Click Erase button and it will be erased (if it is connected to WiFi network). This will erase and restore your iPhone . After that, setup your iPhone .

If this didn't work,then please do the Method 2 following below;

Method 2 : Fix it using iTunes on your computer byputting the phone to recovery/DFU mode

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Yes, did you get my answer ?

Following are the two methods to fix it

Method 1 : Erase from iCloud

On your computer, goto www.icloud.com

Click OK or Restore